• Congratulations to the district! Katy ISD named AP District of the Year!

Filed under Entertainment

Spring Break 2019 Guide: Ideas for a fun vacation

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spring Break is right around the corner and what better way to kick it off than to hit some of the best places to celebrate in the great State of Texas. Here are some things to do during your vacation:

1. South Padre

South Padre is a staple for spring breakers looking for a good time. A road trip to this great island includes jet skiing, snorkeling, concerts on the beach and so many more fun tourist attractions. South Padre is about five and a half hours away from Katy, and it can cost anything from a couple hundred dollars to closer to a thousand, depending on what you want to do and how long you want to stay. If you plan well and split costs between a group of friends or family, the cost can be significantly lower. Although, don’t stress if you can’t make it to South Padre. Galveston is only about an hour away from Katy, and a day trip there is a good alternative!

1. Houston Museums

Houston holds some of the coolest museums that are perfect for a day out in the city. Some of the really cool museums you can check out include the Houston Museum of Natural Science, Lone Star Flight Museum and The Museum of Fine Arts. There are also some free museums, such as the Menil Collection or Contemporary Arts Museum. For a unique experience, check out Smither Park, Buffalo Bayou Cistern or Harrisburg Art Museum, which features a bunch of murals and street art.

1. Outdoor Activities

Let’s pray we’re blessed with beautiful weather this Spring Break, fingers crossed! What better way to enjoy the sunny weather of spring break than spending some time outside? A great park with some pretty cool attractions is Discovery Green. They also have several nearby restaurants that you can enjoy with friends and family. Another great place is the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center, a wildlife attraction you can enjoy and even have a picnic.

1. The Woodlands Farmer’s Market

Farmer’s Markets are really cool and family-friendly shops you can take a trip to with a group with local fresh produce and artisan goods. Take grocering shopping to a whole new level! The address is 7 Switchbud Place, The Woodlands, Texas 77380. It’s only about an hour away, a great little road trip up to a pretty cool market.

1. Circus Night Featuring Cirque La Vie at Memorial City

Another family-friendly activity you can enjoy is Houston’s premier circus group, Cirque La Vie, performing outstanding acrobatics and high-flying stunts at The Square. This show is on March 9th at Memorial City.

No matter what, you can’t go wrong. Enjoy your Spring Break, Mavericks!