• Congratulations to Teacher of the Year, Darren Bunte!

Filed under DIY's, Entertainment

Holly Jolly DIYs

Back to Article
Back to Article

Holly Jolly DIYs

The season for hot cocoa and Christmas trees is here. Although the holiday season is great on its own, doing some fun, cute DIYs with friends and family can make it even better. Here’s a list of the cutest holiday DIYs:

Make your own ornaments

Things you need:

• Clear ornament ball (at Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, Wal-Mart…)
  • Acrylic paint
  • Paint brushes

This activity is great to do with friends and family, even smaller kids. All you have to do is take your clear ornament ball and paint it however you want. You can put a pattern, names, whatever your heart desires. They make great presents as well. Go crazy.

Mason jar candles

Things you need:

• A mason jar
  • Glitter
  • Tea light candle
  • Glue

This activity is great year-round, but it’s a cute and easy decoration you can add to your Christmas decor. All you do is spread glue around the inside of your mason jar (you can use a paper towel to spread it around it evenly) and then take your glitter, whatever color you like, and spread it around the glue. Let it dry for a couple of hours, then light your tea light and place it safely in your mason jar. Then boom, a cute candle to add to the jolly spirit.

Christmas decor pillows

Things you need:

• A pillow
  • Iron on fabric (Any craft store)
  • Hot glue
  • Rhinestones, buttons, etc. (optional)

How cute are Christmas pillows? Well luckily, you can custom make your own for the holiday season! All you have to do is pick out whatever fabric you want, then follow the iron-on directions as needed. After your fabric is secured and ironed-on, you can take any other decorations (such as rhinestones, buttons, cotton, whatever you like) and stick them on with hot glue. Let it dry for about an hour or so, and you have cute holiday pillows!

There are so many cute ways to spice up your holiday season with some cute DIYs, so don’t miss out on these cute crafts. Happy holidays and stay jolly!