• Stay tuned for new content from your Maverick Star news staff.

Filed under From the Ranch, News

How to Survive Studying

Back to Article
Back to Article

How to Survive Studying

How to Survive Studying

Studying can be mentally draining, and it can be difficult to concentrate. With final exams coming up, students are preparing themselves for the end of the semester with the hope of good grades and test scores. Fortunately, there are several ways to make studying a little easier and possibly enjoyable.

1. Study Groups

Study groups are a great way to have fun while you study. You and a group of friends, or maybe people from a specific class that you need extra help in, can get together and help each other out with different classwork or material you need to know for your tests. It’s also a great idea to link up with a friend that might be strong in a subject you struggle in and vice versa. Helping your classmates out can be a lifesaver and everyone can benefit from it.

1. YouTube Videos

The Internet is a great resource to answer any question you might have. YouTube is a part of the many great websites you can utilize while you study. If you simply search a specific course or unit you need to practice with, it’s more than likely hundreds of videos will pull up of people from around the world teaching this specific class or subject. Maybe they will teach it in a different way that helps you better understand the content. YouTube has more than cute pets talking, you know.

1. Tutorials

After school or before school tutorials are probably the most advised thing to do when struggling in a class, but it is a great way to have some one-on-one time with your teacher or another teacher. You can ask any questions you might have, and if your teacher is unavailable for tutorials on a specific day there are usually other teachers that teach the same thing that will be more than willing to help you.

1. Comfortable Setting

An important part of actively studying is being in a comfortable environment. Finding a great setting to study and do your work can make it a lot easier, such as Starbucks or maybe a local cafe. There are several spots that are great to study; all it takes is a simple google search and you could find your favorite study spot.

1. Online Practice Tests

Another great thing on the Internet that you can utilize is online practice tests and quizzes. Both can really help you master a certain subject or unit in a class. There are several websites that will break down the course for you, and even tell you how well you did on a practice test and what you might need to improve on.

There are many great ways to help you study and focus to ensure you’ll be prepared. All it takes is a little hardwork and dedication, and you are on the road to success.