• Congratulations to Teacher of the Year, Darren Bunte!

Be Loud and Be Proud: Students should fill the stands at the Homecoming game

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lauren Duhon

Lauren Duhon

Lauren Duhon

Darian Johannsen, Reporter

To the students of Morton Ranch High School,

Friday, Nov. 2 against Seven Lakes is our homecoming game. Everyone should make an effort to be there at 6:30 pm at Legacy and participate in the student section.

Anything the section can find, noise makers or megaphones, they will use to cheer the team on. They stand up for every quarter until we sing the school song, supporting their Maverick Belles, band, color guard and cheer as well. They do whatever they can to pump up the players and the audience behind them.

Everyone loves and appreciates our Morton Ranch student section, and the effort they put in to show out every game, rain or shine. Senior Belle officer Trinity Hill’s favorite part of the student section is how they are always showing Mav pride, and how they are consistently supporting all Mavericks.

Hill also loves the enthusiasm and positive energy student section leaves in the stands.

“It wouldn’t be the same without them,” she added.

Senior varsity football player Jalen Salinas agrees and loves being able to hear the section get loud and support the team from the field. He wishes for a great turnout this week at homecoming.

This year, many have been dedicated to ramp-up school spirit. This homecoming, the goal of the student section is to yell, to cheer and to promote our Maverick pride more than ever. With the homecoming game this Friday, Senior Women is spending hours making posters for our players to decorate the stands.

Attendance and effort needs to be high. The bigger the crowd, the more interesting the game gets. Nothing beats cheering for your team with friends and classmates. Also, the MRHS drumline will be making an appearance this game to play with student section, so you should definitely stay tuned for that.

Be ready to clap, stomp, sing and cheer louder than you ever have before. Every voice matters and is appreciated.

Finally, a special shoutout to all of the wonderful people who danced and cheered at the game against Tompkins on Friday, Oct. 19. The pouring down rain didn’t stop us from doing what we do best, supporting each other through thick and thin. Our efforts spoke volumes, and I love everyone for it. May we continue to show that our Maverick Pride never dies for the rest of the year.

Sincerely,

A proud member of the Maverick student section