• Stay tuned for new content from your Maverick Star news staff.

Filed under Entertainment

Fall Fun For All

WikiMedia Commons

WikiMedia Commons

It’s October, and it’s many people’s favorite time of the year. Here are just a few fun, cheap ideas of Halloween-inspired things to do this month.

Scarecrow Festival:

The Scarecrow Festival only happens one weekend out of the whole year in Chappell Hill, which is outside of Houston. It opens Saturday, Oct. 13, 9am to 6pm and Sunday, Oct. 14, 10am to 5pm. Many unique vendors set up tents, and you’ll have a great time looking and shopping. It’s free to come in and only five dollars for parking. Live music is always including and there is delicious food trucks to eat at.

Dewberry Farm:

Dewberry Farm has it all: pumpkin patches, a corn maze and hayrides. Located in Brookshire, it costs about $35 for ages 3 and up  and is open Saturdays from 10am to 6pm and Sundays from 11am to 6pm. It’s great for everyone. You can go with your friends, your family or even just your boo.

Haunted Trails:

Haunted Trails in Houston is known for its creepy walks. Both attractions are only $25 and is open every Friday and Saturday from 8pm to midnight, as well as Sundays and select weekdays from 8pm to 11pm and Halloween Night from 7:30 pm to 11pm. The attraction is designed for mature audiences, but children are permitted under parent’s discretion.

Haunted Drive:

At 3 mph, you can sit and see the spooks come to you. Near The Woodlands, it’s only $10 per car (cash only), so if you and four friends go, it’s only $2 per person. It is open Fridays and Saturdays (Sept. 14 to Nov. 3) from 7:30 pm to 11:30 pm. Don’t miss out on this creepy drive.

Phobia:

Phobia Houston is a well-known haunted attraction in Houston. It has eight houses and attractions: five single houses that are $15 each and a three-in-one attraction for the cheaper price of $30. Every house has a different theme to give you a new level of spooks every step you take. Phobia is open every Friday, Saturday and Sunday until Nov. 3 (Halloween included) at various times starting at 7:30 pm.

Carving Pumpkins:

Anyone can be creative with carving pumpkins, and you can get them for as little as five dollars. Grocery stores, local garden centers and even churches often sell pumpkins in your community. Carve alone, with the family, with friends or with your significant other. No matter how you do it, it always looks great in the dark with a candle burning in it.

Movie Everyday of the Spooky Month:

October is known for horror movie watching. Netflix created a Halloween-themed category, and you could check it out. Or better yet, make your own movie set list personalized for your watching needs. Watching movies is always more fun with a group of friends or even your family so snuggle close and get ready to get scared.